Saturday, August 27, 2011




Jeremiah 18:6 (New International Version)
“O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter does?” declares the LORD. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel.
God our heavenly Father understands our needs and knows how to bring love and salvation to you and your family, your church, your town, your friends, your co-workers….. Your world. Our Lord in His mercy looks for those who will allow Him to shape and mold us into instruments of glory that we might reflect His praise and glory. Our precious Lord requires us to do His precious work.
Clay has no plans of its own. It has no aspirations for glory, not even for service. Clay is clay and it is even reluctant to perform its own given task, it is simply clay. Clay is moldable, pliable, subjective to creation, desiring a creator, and totally submissive to the will of its master.
You know how life is, all of a sudden we think we have made a break through, we are excited and we announce to God…I now am whole…I have discovered my spiritual gifts and I now know best how to serve You. Yet other times we say, Lord help me, I know what my weaknesses are and I am aware of what responsibilities I am in capable of and the help to you that I am unable to do. Yet this is not characteristic of clay.
But the good news is that God is not limited to working with our weakness he also helps us with our strengths.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
God can and will mold us into whatever instruments of service that He and the body of Christ needs and requires. When within the body of Christ there is an assignment requiring humility, are you willing to become that servant, be humbled, and meet the needs of the body of Christ, as clay?
When our Lord God needs zeal are you willing to become that servant, be filled with His Spirit, be submissive unto His service, and meet the needs of the body of Christ, as clay?
Our lord uses holy vessels, and He looks and searches to find those among us who will be submissive enough to allow Him to remove our impurities. It is not a grand noble task being clay. It is not spectacular, it is not glorious. There is no glamour to it. It is not something one would brag about, except for the fact that we are willing and ready to be exactly what our Lord called us to be, compliant, moldable, submissive, and yielded pieces of clay.
There is a song named the Potters Hand by Darlene Zschech. Below are the lyrics. I would like to share them with you.
Potter’s Hand
Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I know for sure, all of my days are held in your hands, crafted
into your perfect plan
You gently call me into your presence guiding me by Your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through Your eyes
I’m captured by Your holy calling
Set me apart, I know you’re drawing me to yourself
Lead me Lord I pray
Take me, Mold me, use me, fill me
I give my life to the Potter’s hand
Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me
I give my life to the Potter’s hand
Take a step back and instead of taking the approach of telling God what you can and cannot do, and will and will not do, and what you have and have not done…Submit to His will and His agenda….Melt in His presence and allow Him to mold and shape you into the person that He desires you to be. Our Lord wishes us to be…Like clay, in His…The Potter’s Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment